Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Friends and Women Celebrations

 

Toucans are really beautiful birds. As are hummingbirds. And the blossom in the garden is almost all gone already, while I despair of getting my work done. Yes, I know I need to say no, I need to decline invitations to speak, to review, to teach, to record and/or to judge stuff. And I need to get back to my yoga, to some aerobic exercises, to cooking some decent food--instead of pretending that not eating will make me less fat. It won't, it only makes me cranky and ugglier.

But while I do have all these wishful thoughts, there's a very finite number of truly awaken hours in the week and an awful lot of stuff that needs to happen in these hours. I could do without friends turning out to not be good friends after all. I guess it's the curse of getting excited about people and projects: it comes with big disappointments too.

Anyways here are two videos, which have nothing to do with disappointing friends. The first one is "Mulheres na Ciência" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ughhF2oW4Wc, seven minutes, beautiful edition, beautiful diverse women talking! 

The other one is a longer conversation among logician friends. We are "Lógicas Brasileiras" and this conversation at the request of our Mexican friends was great! We feel very honoured that the logicians of LogicaMX, via Maria Miércoles-MartínezOrdaz, invited us to celebrate with them Friendship and Collaborative Logic work. We had a blast, check it out at https://youtu.be/hp0XVQnqH68!

"Lógicas Brasileiras" is an outreach project that aims at promoting the work of Brazilian female logicians and members of underrepresented groups in logic.  ---- Website: https://logicasbrasileiras.wordpress.com




 

No comments:

Post a Comment