Monday, July 20, 2020

Slideshare is my friend. Sometimes.

When I first had  issues with Google sites, Slideshare turned out to be an easy place to add pdfs of  slides to (btw I still have issues with Google sites, still need to find a few hours to try to debug what's wrong with my old webpage!)

 I wish I had made more use of slideshare all along, as by now I have no idea where most of my powerpoint talks are. I hope they are somewhere between my dropbox, my Google Drive storage, my Apple storage, or any of the four hard drives sitting on my desk. But yes trying to find anything at all in all these possible places is quite hard. While the Slideshare stuff is easy to find.


I can see that this year, so far, I have given five talks -- actually I have given 6, as I have forgotten to add the slides for "Logicians in Quarantine", as they were very similar indeed to the ones for SRI. I can see that I need some change in my beamer style -- which is lovely and matches well my favorite PowerPoint template, so I can import between the platforms. But you can have too much of a good thing like pale purplish-blue! and I swear that it took me much more than 3 hours to get those slides uploaded. because one deck had a glitch and insisted on failing its upload over and over again.

Anyways some effort will be happening here to recover the talks and the writings associated with them. Because, yes, I am failing miserably this year on my "just ship it" approach to paper writing. We're at the end of July, so I needed to have 7 papers submitted (yes, we cannot guarantee acceptance, but we can make sure that submission is done!). Instead, I have one paper to appear with Paul Tarau and one submitted with Samuel Gomes da Silva. Definitely not good! need to change that asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment