Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Logic workbenches, benchmarks and libraries

This is the husband's workbench. I think it looks lovely and definitely would love to have one of my own--I think. Instead, I have one in GitHub: LLTP a linear logic theorem prover benchmark of sorts, https://github.com/meta-logic/lltp.

Together with friends Carlos Olarte, Elaine Pimentel and Giselle Reis, this gave rise to a talk by Elaine at Linearity'2018 (at Oxford) and a technical report The ILLTP Library for Intuitionistic Linear Logic by Carlos Olarte, Valeria de Paiva, Elaine Pimentel and Giselle Reis. In Proceedings Linearity-TLLA 2018, arXiv:1904.06850. Olivier Laurent is also part of the group developing the library of problems, but he wasn't part of the technical report.

I talked about this work at IMPA, in July 2019. I am now thinking about what I want to do with this work.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely workbench. My (logician/woodworker) husband would appreciate it. :) He doesn't have a workbench (yet) but he DOES have a book on the theory of workbenches that he intends to build a workbench from. (He raves about that book as one of the best examples of presentation of information ever.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara!! I hope he gets his workbench sooner than my husband who had to wait long years for his. and do tell us the name of the book, for future use, of course. On a more pressing note, have you started on the project of blog posts about Women Logicians? I'd like to join in, if so.

      Delete