Friday, July 20, 2012

Lambek Calculus and Dialectica Categories

Many years ago I wrote a short note on a categorical model of the Lambek Calculus using the Dialectica construction. The note is imaginatively called A Dialectica Model of the Lambek Calculus.

This is interesting for a couple of reasons. First because the original dialectica constructions are all commutative and the Lambek calculus is definitely not commutative.
Second because the route I took to start from the Lambek calculus and end up in classical propositional logic, I have not seen taken since. It was based on previous work of Yetter and independently Morrill-Hepple-Moortgat and it's surprising to me that others have not decided to use it.

 I talked about it at both the Durham Symposium and the Amsterdam Colloquium. But with job moves, house moves,  broken computers and passwords-that-don't-work, I had not a single copy of my own paper. So I wrote to the nice guys in Amsterdam and thanks to wonderful Peter van Ormondt, Paul Dekker, Maria Aloni and Johan van Benthem I now have at least a scanned copy of  Peter's volume. Thank you guys!

So if like me, you want to read it, you can check it out at the place provided by the also nice guys  at Slideshare. Google Docs doesn't allow you to upload a 3.5MB scanned file, but Slideshare does. On the other hand, I did have a postscript/pdf  draft version that might be easier to read.

1 comment:

  1. finally a good blog! congrats :)

    anyway, i also have a blog and a web directory, let me know if u want to exchnge articles eh Valeria!

    emily.kovacs14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete