Monday, July 15, 2019

BACAT2019: Petri nets rewind

This  only appeared briefly in twitter.
A total contrast between  Santa Clara at 7 pm in February and at 7 pm in June.

A great discussion on Petri nets, using the Dialectica construction.

Slides are in slideshare. Somehow the questions became about pros and cons of dialectica versus Chu construction, I mentioned Dialectica and Chu constructions: cousins,  (Theory and Applications of Categories, vol 17 Issue 7, pages 127-152, 2007) because I have always wanted a "Dialectica Calculator", like the "Chu calculator" Vaughan Pratt has. But I realized that the line "there are pros and cons to both" is not very informative. I need to go back to that.
One of the reasons I still want to write about Petri nets, using the dialectica model is because I hope that morphisms that are simulations, instead of bisimulations or other more strict maps, might be more useful in practice. (Need to find a way of checking on this properly)
But then I got thinking that the mathematics of Chu construction is somewhat easier, as more symmetric, so maybe those Petri nets make sense too?

No comments:

Post a Comment