Saturday, March 2, 2019

Santa Clara in February

Yesterday I talked at BACAT (Bay Area Categories And Types) and it was a lot of fun. When I searched for my old slides  I thought that I hadn't spoken at BACAT for a long while, since 2014. But this was only because I cannot find anything on my computer. In reality, I had talked in Sept 2017 about temporal logic. Still, this was a long time ago and the old building where Computer Science had classes has been demolished.

But the campus is now looking lovely and I wish I had taken pictures.

The slides for the talk are here.  I liked my title "Going Without: a modality and its role" because the ambiguity works on my favour, for once. The slides are a bit rough, as BACAT talks are fun because you can afford to be tongue-in-cheek and outrageous, if you so wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment