Monday, February 22, 2016

Bridges and all that

I talked  on October 26th 2012 in the Nuance NLU Seminar organized by Mark Fanty,
(NLP Research: Bridges from Language to Logic)
about my work on Natural Language-based Knowledge Representations at PARC and how I wanted to improve it.

I first gave a talk similar to this in Feb 2010 at SRI (slides in slideshare).

Then I tried to think a bit more along the lines of expressivity vs. complexity, following the work of Larry Moss and others. First at Stanford Workshop on Natural Logic, Proof Theory, and Computational Semantics, March 2011 and  then at RAIN in Austin, Texas, June 2011, when I called it Little Engines of Inference.

Now this work is stopped for lack of computational power. I need to decide how to continue it, but am drawing a blank right now.

(picture of Via Lactea in the Appalachian mountains by Lam, CUNY 2015 photo contest)

No comments:

Post a Comment