Monday, December 28, 2020

Portuguese on my mind



Marcelo Finger and Thiago Pardo

just scored high for NLP and AI in Brazil. They now head a big, new, and shining project with IBM and FAPESP  in the new center for AI, just launched in October 2020.

The picture above is from their project NLP2 Resources to Bring NLP of Portuguese to State-of-Ardescription in http://c4ai.inova.usp.br/nlp2-en/. 

This is great news! I have been saying and writing for over ten years now that we need lexical and semantic open-source resources for Portuguese. 

In particular, I'm very pleased because the two blue links in the picture above, both refer to my work. 

The Universal Dependencies for Portuguese is my work with Alexandre Rademaker, Fabricio Chalub, Claudia Freitas, Livy Real, and Eckhart Bick from 2017. The second blue link SICK-BR is my work with Livy Real, Ana Rodrigues, Andressa Vieira e Silva, Beatriz Albiero, Bruna Thalenberg, Bruno Guide, Cindy Silva, Guilherme de Oliveira Lima, Igor CS Câmara, Miloš Stanojević and Rodrigo Souza. 

I have mentioned to both Marcelo and Thiago that it would be nice to get our papers on their page. These are our goals too and we have been working on them for quite a while. They are working on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment